Tuesday 16 June 2009

MOVING!!!

I'm really excited!!! I'm moving house!!! Currently I am trying to decide which room the 4 kids will occupy. Our new garden is lovely; It's HUGE and split into 3 sections: a civilized "grown up" patio/decked bit (handy for BBQ's on a day like today); a lovely, lush garden bit in the middle (handy for sunbathing in on a day like today!) and a wild secluded bit at the bottom, where the kids can play in the manner of the Swallows and Amazons sans watery element (I was going to suggest Lord of the Flies, but I can't be doing with the fighting and there's going to be a few too many girls there). There is, of course, an office and the loft conversion is to die for. In fact, I might put D#1 and S#1 in one of the rooms up there, and use the other bit as a playroom. Did I tell you about the original features? Ohhhh, it's all sash windows, cast iron fireplaces and tiled hallways. An added attraction has to be the massive garage but, hey, we'll have off road parking too. Best of all, there is no chain...

...and I really must stop this imaginary moving house business. Why is Rightmove so much more appealing than the Teaching Ideas website? I should be planning Green Day (no not the band) for school. Back to reality... BUMP!!!!

12 comments:

Jean said...

Ha! I do exactly the same thing! It's fun though isn't it? I also like going to view expensive showhomes, and get ideas for decorating etc.

Rebel Mother said...

Ahh, living in an imaginary world - its so much more exciting than the real one....because everything goes right and is perfect.

I do it all the time....la,la,la!!

RMxx

PS Love Swallows and Amazons

Mum's the word said...

I dream of more space constantly.
I think it's what keeps us going, our dreams.

Definitely S & A, not L of F.
x

Katherine said...

notSupermum:Oooo not done the showhome thing yet; that could be my new hobby. I am, constantly, ripping images of gardens/decr/fancy bit and bobs out of magazines in the vain hope that I will one day be able to achieve the look (LOL!!!! I don't think!)
RM: I LOVE my imaginary world. In fact, earlier on, I ordered THE most esquiste Orla Kiely coat and handbag to wear at my country bolthole this weekend! And whaddya know? I'd dropped two sizes and was about half a stone lighter!
Mum's the word; yes space is at a premium in our house. I think, even if we did get a six bed house, we'd still fill it and be as cluttered as ever.
S & A seems to win the day!! Good! I used to play it all the time when I was a kids!

san said...

You had me going there. I was sighing jealously.
My late Dad & I used to play 'If I won the lottery...' every Saturday :-)

Anonymous said...

I too was feeling very jealous. I spend far to much time on rightmove and primelocation.... and even find myself looking at the 1 million plus houses, and thinking "ohhh, i wouldnt have that like that....". ;0)

and1moremeans5 said...

I have become a slave to right move aswell, dam website making us all day dream lol!

Katherine said...

Sorry Sandy ;) Yes I do the lotto daydream thing (even though I don't actually do the lottery). I actually earmark the money for various things...eh? I do need a dose of reality at times!
OMG: Primelocation? Now there's a new one...must check that out. I look at the £million ones too. Just in case any have come down to a tenner. In fact my imaginary spending knows no bounds.
Amy: I guess you're the only one who has a valid reason for whiling away the hours (well you will when your man is better). Have you memorized everything on the market? I did that when we moved 4 years ago...I knew, to the nearest thousand, when a house had dropped in price! I really do have too much time on my hands. Actually, no I don't, I just spend the time I have unwisely!

Mel said...

Oh I do this, we are hoping to move next year as the house seems to be shrinking as the children grow! Right Move is just too alluring, now where did I put that lottery ticket?

Unknown said...

Oh I'd love a house like that!! I still get rightmove emails even though I know we're never going to move!

Katherine said...

Think I'm going to sign up to the e-mail service! More opportunity to waste time. I don't reckon we'll be moving for a while, we need the space but we need the3 money more at the moment!

kestrel said...

Imagination makes daily living more fun - no harm done too. For a moment I thought it was real and was srolling down for pics of the lovely mansion. If you think and believe about it enough, it may just come true. I really believe in this positive energy thing.