Tuesday 9 June 2009

PMT time, means MARMITE time!!!???



Gosh...feels like ages since I've posted (well, lets face it it is!). Things have tumbled along as usual BUT that tiredness thing has struck again! Not the usual "new baby" tiredness but the crushing type, that makes me think (ANOTHER) trip to the doctor is in order for more of the luurrvely iron pills that give me piles. Other than that, the kids have been dispatched back to school; d#1 was desperate to return. Is this a good thing? I think so...but then...does it mean that she's bored and unstimulated at home? Y'see these are the thing that worry me when I'm tired, "normal" me would just be glad that she is an enthusiastic learner and has a New Best Friend (not only a NBF but also a "secret sister" so I'm told...but shhhhhh, it's a secret, known only to me and a few dozen other). S#1 is loving school nursery, just a bit of a glitch this morning because I hadn't put the sellotape in the right place when I attempted to stick his name to his milk because, you see, the sellotape is supposed to go THIS way around, not THAT way around (inherited my OCD tendencies I fear)! So all is good, but I'm all twitchy and antsy...maybe it's because, after 15 months, I'm "due on" . Yes, I'm feeling the usual aching in my back that hails the arrival of the "painter and decorator's". Better book my ticket to planet hormone and warn the sig. other ( but if he DARES to ask if I'm due on, he's a gonner!).

I think it was after I'd had s#1 that I started to really feel the impact of PMT. I'd never, really experienced fully that aching, draining feeling: to be honest, I thought women who had to have time off work, days under the duvet with a hot water bottle...well, I thought they were fussing a bit too much. HA!!! Who's laughing now! Over the past few years, I 've had sickness, headaches, bloating, mood swings, anaemia...you name it really. Ohhh, I understand now. I understand perfectly! So, I've decided on a preemptive strike. Painkillers are out (still breastfeeding) and paracetamol doesn't touch the sides; I guess,what with suffering with migraines, my body seems to only respond to the strongest pain killers I can shovel down. I have some Evening Primrose and Agnus Castus but, again, I have the breastfeeding thing to consider. Sooooo, when consulting with Dr Google (and I swore I wouldn't use him again!), I discovered Marmite being touted as a remedy. I won't post the link because I found the article online in The Sun, I'm no snob but the top "health" stories featured next to it were concerning Kelly and how sex keeps her slim and, ahem, men's "bits". I've got PMT...I DON'T WANNA KNOW ABOUT BIT AND BOBS AND HOW'S YOUR FATHER!!!!! Anyhow, further research tells me, that it's something to do with B vitamins ...not sure what (another PMT delight; lack of concentration) but I love Marmite on toast and it's lunch time so, well, it all adds up rather nicely really.

Before I finish, I would like to implore anyone who reads this to suggest any remedies. they may know of..all advice greatly received. To those who have so kindly given me awards...I'm not ignoring them, I will be getting them posted soon and thank you so much!! :)

7 comments:

Maternal Tales said...

Now there's a thought - Marmite hey? Never realised it was a tonic for PMT - but I do LOVE a hot piece of toast dripping with butter and Marmite - it never fails to cheer me up (PMT or no PMT) so maybe there's some truth in it...As for other emedies - I'm sorry - I really don't know any other than good old fashioned painkillers!!! Hope it's not too hideous x

Katherine said...

I'm coming to the conclusion that a short break in a padded cell would work wonders! Hey, at least I'll get some sleep!!

san said...

How funny. I used to love Marmite, but when I was pregnant I went off it (both times).
I get the dreaded mood swings with PMT. I'm definitely going to give Marmite another go :-)

Katherine said...

Mood swings are the pits! I get really impatient with everything. I recall one St Patrick's day there was actually a Guinness Marmite...that might solve the low iron issue! Two birds with one stone...

Mum's the word said...

Personally, I love Marmite, but didn't know it was a cure/aid for PMT. Will try it next time.
My method, apart from copious amounts of Ibruprofen which you can't take, is simple a lovely, old fashioned hot water bottle.
Loved the blog.
By the way, you said I have an award. Never had one before, what do I do? Please help? Novice here.
x jo

kestrel said...

Keeping occupied is how I get over PMT. When I am busy, it does not seem to bother me too much, sort of forget about it. Marmite is great but I find Bovril is tastier. However, i have gone back to Marmite cos it has yeast extract and that's healthy. Hope you feel better soon.

Katherine said...

Mums the word: sorted out the award thing, you can collect now. Yes, hot water bottles are the thing...I never think of using them, probably due to the central heating etc. Mine comes with a little leopard print cover.
Kestral: I think i could distract a bit from the mood swings but it's the feeling so ill that gets me. That and the grinding tiredness. I think I might go down the homeopathic routine when I can...worth a try! Bovril, yummy, forgotten about that!